Get a free giffgaff Sim Hi there...: Sorry for the lack of posts!! +mini thoughts of The Last Steep Ascent 天梯

Saturday 13 October 2012

Sorry for the lack of posts!! +mini thoughts of The Last Steep Ascent 天梯

Sorry I have not been posting much lately or replying to comments, I've just started university and I've been busy, but the biggest reason is because I haven't had time to watch much TVB!

I'm behind on Highs and Lows, I've only watched the first 2 episodes, so my review for that show will most probably be late. I've kept up with the Last Steep Ascent though, so I'll try my best to write a review for the show on time!

******************************************************************

I'm enjoying The Last Steep Ascent so far. It's not the kind of show that ends dramatically every episode to draw viewers in, but it does leave the watchers with a longing to see how the characters will progress.

My favourite characters were Samantha Ko and Joel Chan. Their characters are fun, together with having a big heart. It's the first time I've seen Samantha Ko actually acting, not dressed in some low cut clothing following a man around with no dialogue. Even though her character is still of a vixen, she has had much more opportunity to show what she can actually do here. I'm enjoying it very much so far!
I don't quite remember when I started liking Joel Chan, it was either during Relic of an Emissary of Curse of the Royal Harem. I definitely remember thinking that he had an excellent performance during that latter show.  I'm sad that Joel Chan has left TVB now, even though he's never been cast as the main character of a series, I've been looking for his performances since COTRH, and there's not been many!
Unfortunately  both Samantha and Joel have had much less screen time in the recent episodes, and I don't see them getting much more towards the end of the series.

Talking of big hearts, the two main characters have massive ones too, but Moses' is slightly less believable. I can see how Moses character knows his stuff with the chinese medicine, seeing how quality the plants are, but he knows what they're for, and recognised the pack of medicine Aimee had as being one for making her pregnancy go well. I think it's unbelievable that a farming man like him can be such a genius!

Another thing I want to talk about is Aimee Chan. I'm not particularly fond of her acting, but I've been touched with her pitiful character this time. I'm still not sure how she's going to do on those series where she's the main female character though, but I'm more confident for her now. I guess we'll wait and see!!

No comments: